“Hi recently my MS Word File got corrupted. When I try to access those files, they are refusing to open. Those files which got corrupted are the vital files which I had been put a lot of effort on making those Word files. I am stuck in a situation that I cannot move forward and try my own methods. So I need an expert suggestion to get out of this lock in situation to get my Word files repaired and make them accessible.”
If you have been working on a Word document since a long time and suddenly those files become corrupt or not readable, then that situation will trouble you like anything. There can be several reasons which may lead to Word file corruption which in the end causes data loss.
Some common error messages which prevent users to open Microsoft Word file are:
- “Word cannot open the document: user does not have access privileges.”
- The document name or path is not valid. . Try these suggestions: Check the file permissions for the document or drive. Use the File Open dialog box to locate the document.”
- Word cannot open the document.
Reasons behind Word document damage are:
- If you re-install the Operating System then the existing Word files may get corrupt.
- Unexpected modification or alterations that occur in a document due to CRC error can damage a Word document.
- Inaccessibility of MS Word application caused due to Microsoft Word application upgrade.
- Removal of external storage devices from your computer while you were transferring the files from your Windows system to portable devices or vice versa.
- If you are not having power backup then abrupt shutdown of the system caused due to power failure may lead to major corruption of your MS Word document.
Apart from the above mentioned reasons, factors like hardware failure, software bugs may result in Word document corruption. If the Word document in your computer becomes inaccessible don’t decide and conclude yourself that the file has been corrupted. First try these methods which may help you to fix corrupt word 2003 document.
- Try to uninstall your Microsoft Word application and reinstall it in your computer.
- Make two to three copies of that document, transfer the file into a portable device and try to open it in some other system.
- Microsoft Word program has an inbuilt feature of Repair, so try to repair the damaged document using Open and Repair option.
If you have already tried all these methods and still not able to fix corrupt word 2003 document then try Remo Repair Word that can fix any severely corrupt or damaged documents. It is able to repair all issues including word file not opening of your Microsoft Word document. Remo Repair has the ability to fix corrupt Word 2003 document without altering the original text in the Word document.
Some eye-catching features of Remo Repair Word:
- Resolves and fixes any kind of errors associated to Word files.
- Effectively repairs the Word file without modifying the original content of the file.
- Repairs not only the documents but also other elements like text formatting, hyperlinks, OLE objects, tables, charts etc.
- Supports all kind of Windows Operating System versions including Windows 8, Windows7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003.