You may want to delete Mac partition for various reasons such as when a partition is corrupt or to increase the partition size, you need to delete the unused/unwanted partition. If you are one among who is looking for a solution to delete a volume on Mac then you are at exact place. This page guides you on how to delete a Mac volume using macOS built-in Disk Utility. To do this, follow the steps as below:
- Initially, open Disk Utility.
- Then hit on the partition that you wish to delete under the logical volume.
- With your partition selected, click on the Erase tab and choose Mac OS X Extended (Journaled).
- Now, hit the Erase button.
- Next, click the logical volume.
- Then click on the Partition tab.
- Now, highlight the partition which you erased in step 4.
- Click the ‘-‘ button and hit on Remove.
- Now drag the handle to reallocate the space left by the deleted partition.
- Finally, click Apply → Partition.
After a few seconds, the space taken from the removed partition will be reallocated. Once it completes, you can close Disk Utility.
However, there are chances of accidentally deleting partition containing important data. In such situation, if you are looking for a solution to restore deleted partition then make use of Remo Recover tool. Just download the free trial version of the tool to evaluate the tool performance. With this tool, deleted volume recovery can be done on various Mac systems with its advanced scanning algorithm. Supports recovery of data from HFS+, HFSX, exFAT volumes. Compatible with various Mac OS including EI Capitan. Even lost, corrupt volume recovery can be done in few simple steps.
This tool can be used even in the following scenarios:
- If volume header corruption or catalog file corruption
- To restore data from formatted Mac drive
- To get back data from RAW drive/partition
- Recovers data from various Mac devices such as MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, etc.